Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tagged again


Well I guess a few of you have noticed that I have been on blogging hiatus and have tagged me in an effort to get me back into the swing of things. So here is tag #1 from Lacy.
1. Okay I just changed my mind. I decided to combine the #2 blog from my sister Andrea with this one because they're kind of similar. Instead of random things, #2 tag is about quirks and so I am going to do 7 random or quirky things (which are also random) about me. So here goes.
The real #1. I think I have a little bit of an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about a few things. One of those things is the way I put in and take out my contacts. I always put in and take out the left one first. If I start to unscrew the right side of my case first I always stop and start with the left one again.
2. When it comes to cooking I don't like to follow directions very well. This being the case, I use recipes as rough drafts or a suggestion. Very rarely do I follow the recipe as it is written. I am constantly substituting ingredients or adding my own or varying the cooking time. So if I ever give you a recipe and when you make it it doesn't turn out quite like mine it is because I gave you the recipe, not all of the changes to the recipe that I made. I'll let you be the judge if my changes made the recipe better or worse.
3. I love summer-time BBQs. They are one of the things I love the most about summer. Not the warmth, or the green, or being able to be outside, it's the BBQs I love. I especially love BBQs here in Cleveland in the Dixon's backyard. They are the best!
4. My sister wrote this as one of hers but it applies to me too. I remember faces very well. I can usually remember the person's name too, but faces are my thing. It can even be someone I have never met. (Like someone I saw in the mall once.) I can usually remember where I saw that face too (but sometimes it takes me a while to remember). I pride myself on remembering people but, as my sister mentioned on her blog, sometimes people don't remember meeting me and therefore I sound like a stalker. Since I don't like sounding like a stalker I don't usually mention to people that I met them once for 2 min. at a party 5 years ago until I have gotten to know them a little better. :)
5. I was a Social Studies Education Composite major in college. Basically that means I can teach history, economics, sociology, and geography. Most of my classes were history classes because that was my original major. I love history but not dates. I used to know all of the dates for my classes but I can't remember hardly any now. So don't ask me when something happened...I don't know! I can usually tell you something about it though. But, sadly, I have no love for the American colony days. I think that is the most boring part of our Nation's history. I am more of what one of my teachers calls a "war hawk." I love war-time eras, especially WWII. This brings me to #6.
6. When I was a little girl I loved to read. This in itself is not unusual, but the books that I read were. While most other kids were reading the latest Goosebumps books I was reading The Diary of Anne Frank, or a biography about Benjamin Franklin. I think I read more non-fiction books in elementary school than most kids do their entire school career. My favorite books to read were often ones about WWII. Maybe that is why I became a history major?
7. When it comes to eating I am a texture person. I'm not too bad any more, but when I was young I hated a lot of foods just because of the texture. It wasn't that I hated the flavor (although that applies to a few, i.e. "spotted dog" [my grandad's cracked wheat breakfast cereal with raisins in it, YUCK!]) but I just couldn't stand the texture.

I'm not going to tag anyone since I combined 2 tags into 1 but if you want to do it by all means consider yourself tagged.
I will try to get some pictures of my trip on here...what little there are. I just like to take my camera on trips with me and never use it.

2 People who care:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yea! An update! I love learning more about you. Your quirks are so funny. I miss those BBQs at the Dixons too, by the way. Hope you are doing well. We need to hang out soon! It's been too long considering we live in the same city (well, pretty much)!

Andrea said...

I liked your tag! I think those are fun because even though you are my sister I learned things about you...like the contacts!? ha ha I think you are a good writer too. I also realized how much we have in common...I think I could have listed most of the things you did too, like loving WWII books and stuff. Crazy!