Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is there a toddler in the house?

YES! Hannah has become Miss Independent nowadays, especially when it comes to eating. She has become super picky and she will not allow us to feed her any more. If we try she just throws a fit (about that and anthing else she doesn't understand or get her way about) and insists upon feeding herself. Even the messy stuff like yogurt and oatmeal, etc. It has been kind of frustrating because she makes such a MESS. When she doesn't want something she just chucks it and let me tell you, the girl has a good arm! It must be from all of the practice she gets at mealtimes. I'm glad to see her learning more things and becoming independent, but does she have to make such a huge mess while she's at it? Oh well, we love her anyway.

Concentrating really hard on getting the yogurt out of the cup. She usually holds the spoon in one hand while she uses her other hand to dig in and grab some out of the cup. I'm not sure if more yogurt ends up in her mouth or on her hands and face. Oh well, she has fun.

Note to self: Don't buy the blue yogurt!

It seems like Hannah learns so much so quickly. The other day I heard her "singing" the tune to the ABC's song. She even got some of the letters in there occasionally. She also knows all of the actions to Popcorn Popping, Wheels on the Bus, Monkeys on the Bed, Teasing Mr. Aligator and a few other rhymes. We've been working on animal sounds lately too. If you need a good laugh ask Hannah what a kitty, tiger, or duck says. Those are the funniest to hear in her little voice. She really surprises me sometimes with the things that she knows. She gets a lot more than I think she does most of the time. It is hard to believe that she's 16 months old now and that soon she'll be headed off to nursery (Yippee!).

Sorry about the brag fest...I started this blog as a frustration vent over all of the eating issues we are having and look what it turned into!

Happy Valentines day tomorrow everyone. Don't forget to spread the love!

5 People who care:

Emily said...

That is so funny, we are going through the same thing. I think it's bittersweet. I know they should be able to explore and make messes, but at the same time I'm like, "NO, don't throw your oatmeal on the floor or wipe it in your hair!!"

She's such a cutie and you should do a video of her songs and animal sounds!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Weird, Jack looks the same way after yogurt, but ours is pink and not blue so it blends in a little more with his skin :) At least she's having fun, right?

Lacy said...

Oh what a mess! I hate messes and luckily Cayson hates to be messy too! I'm sure I wont be as lucky with the next one. Good thing kitchens aren't carpeted, can you imagine the stains!

Chelsea said...

I think every parent has a nasty food story . . . and picture to match. Ours was with spaghetti sauce, and our dining room was carpeted! Thank goodness for a $5.00 carpet protector we had bought spur-of-the-moment a while back!
If you want to avoid mess and keep the independence, Kadin loves Gogurt, the yogurt in the tube. Just a thought!

Haley said...

Horray for nursery, we can't wait! With Matt in Elder's Quorum presidency and me in Primary presidency it has become quite the challenge... He'll be out of our hands soon and I'll have another to take care of!
Love the yogurt shots, Cru is a huge fan of feeding himself too. And like Hannah, make a HUGE mess. I feel like all I do is feed and clean up kids all day.