Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wicked fun



So the day before Valentine's Day (He was too excited to wait until the actual day, isn't that cute??) Damon surprised me with tickets to Wicked (for last night)! I was SUPER surprised and so excited to get to go. Damon didn't grow up going to concerts, watching musicals, attending plays, etc. so it wasn't until he went to college and took a Humanities class (My dad just happens to be a Humanities teacher at BYU-Idaho but was not Damon's teacher) that he discovered the joys of "The Arts." And since I did grow up doing all of the aforementioned things ever since we started dating I have dragged/coerced/begged him to go to these things with me. To my surprise and delight most of the time he really enjoyed them. Ever since then he's been quite willing to go to a musical (but probably not an opera!). Maybe it is just because he knows I enjoy them. Anyway, living in Cleveland we get the opportunity to have quite a few Broadway musicals come to town. In September we went to Lion King and loved it. When I found out Wicked was coming I really wanted to go, but didn't mention to Damon that I wanted to go. Tickets are not that cheap and I wasn't sure if he would enjoy this one. So, I didn't even hint at it or anything. Imagine my surprise when he got me tickets! I was so excited! I guess Damon had heard at school that it was really good so he decided to surprise me. He didn't know anything about the show or storyline (which probably worked in my favor). When we got there last night he said something like: "I don't even know what this is about!" It turns out the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West didn't bother him at all. During intermission I asked how he was liking it and he said it was really good! All in all, we had a great time (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Dixons for letting Hannah have a sleep over at your house for a while!!!) and are so glad we got to go! It makes me even happier that Damon actually enjoys going now and I don't feel guilty dragging him to something he would rather not see. Thank you honey for the great night and the great surprise. I love being married to you and am so thankful for all that you do for me! I love you!

Me at Wicked. Yes, my belly is already huge! I felt like everyone was looking at me last night and I felt like saying, "What haven't you seen a pregnant lady before?" or "What aren't pregnant women allowed in?" I'm not THAT big yet either! Rude! I don't care though, I had a great time! Thanks again, honey!





7 People who care:

Jordan and Danny said...

Lucky you! You look so cute! I understand about the whole staring thing. People were probably thinking how cute you looked though!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Way jealous! I think you look cute in your little maternity outfit. I haven't seen a real play in a long time. Hopefully I can see the next one coming in town. Glad you had a great date night!

Chelsea said...

Isn't Wicked amazing? Jeremy got me and my mom tickets for my birthday when it came here to Portland and I loved every minute of it! How cute you look!

Emily said...

So awesome! Way to go Damon...you should teach Steve some tricks like that.

I want to see Wicked so bad...I'm glad you loved it! And you look super cute!

Elise said...

I'm glad you both had fun! I'm with Emily, Damon needs to talk to Bren about how much we women love surprises!
Oh, and Hannah can "sleep over" anytime, I think she was only awake for about 2 min the entire time she was over, it was the easiest "babysitting" we've ever done!
And I don't think you look very pregant at all, seriously, I can't really tell. Everyone was probably just starting because they thought you were hot!

Carrie Anne said...

Was this a ward activity since so many of you have blogged about it? I'm jealous! What a fun night for you two and yeah for Damon surprising you! Okay, so I've been a blogging slacker and I didn't even know you are pregnant! Congrats! I hope I'm having a girl, but we are waiting, I know...it bugs everyone!:) But knowing another person having a girl gives me hope! I'm pretty sure we'll have a boy, though, because I don't have any boy names. So fun to catch up on your blog!

Summer said...

How fun! Wicked is a great show! I know what you mean about people staring - when I was prego, I always noticed peoples' eyes wander to my belly when I was talking to them. So funny! Anyway, you look very cute!