Saturday, February 23, 2008

Modesty is sometimes overrated!

Well, as many of you know we're expecting a new addition to our little family in mid July (the 14th ish). We had our ultrasound today and everything looks great. It is so fun to see the new little life developing inside of me. We tried to find out what the sex was (I don't know how anybody can stand to wait these days! I am just not patient enough!) but the little bug was not cooperating. I kept thinking to myself "Okay baby, this is not the time to be modest! Show us what you've got!" But alas, despite being inside of me baby does not have the ability to read my mind. I even tried to prep baby a few days before, explaining that we were going to be taking some pictures of him/her and to cooperate so we would know if he/she was a boy or girl. Unfortunately, all of my efforts were in vain and baby remained closed legged with the cord safe in between for good measure. The ultrasound technician (they're absolutely amazing! Sometimes I have no clue what we're looking at but they always seem to know which part of baby's little anatomy they are seeing) saw three "lines." These "lines" she tells us usually mean a GIRL....in fact she gave us an 80% chance of baby being so. I guess we'll take it! I'm happy with the diagnosis...I would have been happy if she said that baby was of the boy variety as well. But, since Hannah and this baby are fairly close together (about 21 months apart) it will be fun for them to be little buddies. I can just see the teenage fights already..... They'll only be 1 year apart in school - since Hannah has an October birthday she'll be old for her grade and this one will be young.

We're really looking forward to having this little girl join our family and are so happy that everything looks great. (I had a dream last night that our baby didn't have arms! Don't worry, I saw them, they're there.) I can't believe that I'm already 1/2 way through my pregnancy and am just excited to have a cute little baby to snuggle again (Hannah is NOT a snuggler). Hannah
has become really interested in her baby doll this week and I am confident she'll be a great big
sister!




Isn't this a cute little profile? What do you think, does she look like me or Damon?







This is the 3D picture. She has her arms up over her head
like a monkey, she definitely takes after Damon already. :)

11 People who care:

Haley said...

Way to go! That is so exciting... Too bad we won't be in the hospital together again...

Jordan and Danny said...

How exciting to have another girl. We get to find out in a few weeks, and I'm jumping out of my skin because I'm so excited. i'm hoping this is the year of the girls, because everyone we know is mostly having girls. I'm hopeing we won't be the exception. Congrats to you!

Emily said...

I love those profile pics, they are so cute. And congrats on the girl news! It will be fun (?) to have them close together. I'm scared to death of having a girl, but that's probably just because I have a boy, and I know what to do with him.

Awesome pics of Damon in the Dominican too!

Harper said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, Miriam! You seem like a great mom!

I like the layout of your blog! :)

steph said...

Congrats! They will have so much fun together.

parkinfamily said...

We had no idea that you guys were even expecting. Congratulations! As far as teenage fights go, I totally understand your worries...we will have 3 girls within 2 years of each other...yikes!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations on number 2! Hope everything goes well!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yeah for another girl! Hopefully your doctor can do another ultrasound sometime within the next 20 weeks just to make sure. We don't want any surprises, right?! I love the 3-D pics. I'm definitely getting one next time. I'm so excited for you!

Rachel said...

Congrats Miriam! That will be so fun to have another little girl. Those 3-D pictures are so amazing. I can't believe you are already half way done!

McArthurs said...

Hey Miriam, that is so cool that you are in Cleveland too!! We should get together some time. I live in Parma and we are in the Cleveland 1st ward. Do you guys have very many students in your ward? Hey, congrats on the pregnancy too.

Summer said...

yeah, a baby girl! Congrats, Miriam! Hannah will be a great big sister! Do you have any names picked out? Her little profile is so cute!!!