Monday, June 9, 2008

Are you sure there's just one in there?

The question I got at church on Sunday.


Yes, I am officially huge! I am due in 5 weeks and am WAY bigger than I was when I had Hannah. I have also gained more weight so far than I did my whole pregnancy with Hannah (Thanks a lot Krispy Kreme doughnuts). So I went to the midwife today and she is already estimating that the baby is in the lower half of the 6 lb range!!!! Hannah was only 6 lbs 7 oz when she was born and Myah is already about that and I still have 5 weeks to go. I think little (big) Myah is trying to compete with her cousins. Her cousin Rya (yes, I know their names rhyme) was 9 lbs 6 oz and her cousin Anna (again, we know all of their names rhyme) weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz.


Don't believe me? Here are the pictures to prove it.



These are me pregnant with Hannah at 40 weeks...or on my due date (She was 2 days late).



























And this is me today...exactly 5 weeks from my due date on July 14.
I stole the idea of taking a picture of myself in the mirror from Haley. When you're the only one home who can take a picture you do what you can!

Okay, so it is kind of hard to compare the pictures and see which is bigger, but trust me on this one. Hopefully my baby will not be too big as I'd like to have a natural birth again (Hopefully a water birth). And hopefully all this weight I am gaining will be easy to lose...I can dream can't I? In the mean time I am going to try to stay cool (it is currently 89 degrees at 8 pm). Doughnut anyone?

14 People who care:

Emily said...

I think yo look TINY! You should have seen me pregnant...it would scare you. And Easton was 9 lbs 7 ounces, so I guess that's why. Oh, and all of the ice cream I eat. Go ahead and eat those doughnuts, it's good for you!

You look great, good luck!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Hannah was tiny! I think you'll do great at another natural birth, even if Myah is a little bigger. You're awesome. Anyway, if you need to cool down you can come hang out at my central-air conditioned house :) The kiddos can play in the pool and sprinkler and we can sit in the shade with our doughnuts!

Chelsea said...

I say yeah for doughnuts . . . if you can't eat junk when you're pregnant, when can you? And I have to say you are a braver woman than I am to go for a natural birth, especially since you know what is coming!

Unknown said...

You are too cute. I love your blog. And you do not look huge. No one can even tell you are pregnant looking at you from the back. Let me know if you need anything in the next few weeks. Caleb would love to have Hannah over to play.
-Eva

Elise said...

I LOVE DOUGHNUTS!!!!! Seriously, they're my favorite. I gained more with Eli too, and gained it faster, I bet you'll be surprised how you kind of taper off this last month. I think you look great by the way, and definitely still smaller than you were at your due date with Hannah. Oh and did you find a Krispy Kreme around here?! That's fantastic if you did! Too bad I'm not pregnant, I can't use cravings as an excuse! They're just so good...okay, sorry I'm done.

Miriam said...

Sorry Elise, no Krispy Kreme around here. The closest one is in Akron. We were in Columbus this weekend though and there was one about a mile from where we were staying so before we left I made Damon take me there so I could get a dozen to go...it is sad but they didn't last us too long!

Amen to your comments about junk food and cravings. Notice how I didn't seem too worried about it...I am just enjoying it too much. With Hannah I craved tuna fish, and ice cream. With this one it is baked goods like pie, cake, doughnuts, brownies, etc. Yeah, not good. At least with ice cream you get some dairy and protein. Oh well! I'm going to continue enjoying it while it lasts!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love being pregnant because for at least 9 months you have an excuse to eat whatever you want (well, mostly whatever you want). Hooray for pies and doughnuts and cupcakes!

Kristin said...

First off, I think you look great! But don't you love the comments people feel like they can give just because you're pregnant-especially around here. I'm a total Krispy Kream fan too, especially when I'm pregnant...or that's what I use as my excuse :)I wasn't able to find any around here, but the gas station on lee rd across from the library has them. There's nothing like fresh Krispy Kreme's, but I guess it's better than nothing :)

Jon + Kat said...

hey! thanks to mhs I am commenting on your blog! If it makes you feel any better, they measured my baby 4 weeks out and he measured at 7 lbs 4 oz. Rock on! Now I'm 2 weeks out and am seriously scared on how big this baby will be! Good luck! I totally feel your pain!
-Katrina Bagley Ormson

Dal and Nat said...

Hello!
How is my long lost friend? You are soo cute being prego....I seriously look like a whale when I am prego. Anyway it is fun to see what everyone is doing from MHS. Yeah who woulda thought i would be here. My hubby is from star valley and an administration job opened he applied and now we are here. Yup We bought a house and now it feels really weird that we are like "real grown ups" who knew. Anyway take care and keep in touch.. Good luck with the pregnancy.

Jordan and Danny said...

Looking good! Don't you just love all the wonderful comments people feel free to give? I've started getting very sarcastic with them, and then they look at me like I'm being the unreasonable one. Hang in there, we're getting close!

Harper said...

First of all, I am all about doughnuts.

Secondly, I don't think you look "huge" by any means! You look great!

And finally, I love the name "Myah." (That's the one I voted for!) :)

Haley said...

I don't think you look that big!! You look great... and you better go natural again --You CAN DO it! I'm cheering for you!

Nachelle said...

It cracks me up that someone said that, come on really people?!? I think you look great, but good luck to you, yikes giving birth to a big baby scares me for sure, Miya was 7lb7oz and that was plenty big for me too :) Sounds like this #2 may have a good chance at being a little chub like ours, she is rolley polley, but we love it. You know you have a fat baby when your overwhelming comment from people is "Woah, she is a big baby!" Keep enjoying the doughnuts!