Saturday, November 17, 2007

Last days of Fall

On Thursday it was 60 something degrees and I knew it would probably be one of the last (if not THE last) warm days of the year so I wanted to let Hannah go out and play in the leaves. I was hoping to get some really cute pictures in the beautiful multi-colored leaves, but as you can see from the pictures she wasn't really cooperating. She had a really hard time walking in the leaves and kept falling. She wouldn't look at me when I got the camera out. All she wanted to do was go walking on the sidewalk (and in the middle of the road.) So, instead of playing in the leaves as I had pictured, we walked on the sidewalk and I chased her down before she ran into the middle of the road. I have so many good memories playing in the leaves when I was a kid (sorry Dad for always jumping into your nicely raked leaf piles!) and I was envisioning my daughter having these same memories. Oh, well. Maybe next year!

Crawling toward the sidewalk (and road).

Trying to catch the leaves the wind was blowing her way.

These leaves are pretty yummy!

You should have fed me something before we came out, Mom.

One of the two pictures I got of her kind of smiling.


Just cute! How did I get such a cute kid? I know I'm a little biased, but she's pretty darn cute!

4 People who care:

Tracey said...

She is so cute, you're not just biased!! It looks like a great fall, you can't beat our weather but we sure miss the gorgeous leaves! It's great to see you are doing so well!

Emily said...

She's SUPER cute! I love leaf pictures...I think they turned out great! Happy Thanksgiving!

Carissa Poyfair said...

What cute pictures! What is it about kids wanting to walk in the road? It's like a magnet to them!

Rachel said...

Miriam, what cute pictures! Hannah is adorable, and I can't believe how fast she is growing up. We miss you guys!