Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Adventures Continued

Okay, American Idol just makes me laugh. How can these people think they can sing? Honestly!
Alright, back to Oregon. We finally got the tree home and the next day Damon and his dad put the lights on. They had Christmas music playing as they did it and Hannah was dancing away. It was so funny! I got it on video and it just cracks me up. (I'm working on finding a cable to connect my video camera to my computer so I can upload videos.) She probably danced for over 1/2 straight and laughed the whole time. She has gotten so funny lately and loves to imitate and interact with people. She really keeps us entertained.
Damon and I got to go on a date while we where there (thanks for watching Hannah, Popes!). We drove by Damon's old high school and by chance there was a basketball game going on that night. Some of you might not know this, but Damon was an avid basketball player in high school. He hadn't been back to a game since he graduated so we decided to go. It was actually really fun and Damon got to see some of his old teammates that are now coaches there as well as his old Varsity coach who is now the principle at the school. It was fun to spend some time in Damon's old stomping grounds a bit.
We got to have a little Christmas with Damon's family (minus Anthony and Janet-we missed you!) and that was fun. Damon's Grandma, Uncle Troy, and cousin Trista got to come and spend some time with us as well. We got some nice gifts and luckily fit everything into our suitcase.





4 Generation Picture: Great Grandma Pope, Damon, Hannah & Grandpa


The Pope family (Minus Anthony, Janet, & Miriam)


The next day we all went to Portland where Damon, his Mom, Dad, brother Tyler, and Grandma got to do some temple work and sealings for some of their family names. Damon's Grandma actually got sealed to her parents so it was a really neat experience for them. Hannah, Austin, and I hung out for a few hours until they were finished.


We flew to Boise the next day (Dec. 23) where my parents picked us up and then we drove to Rexburg. Well, that is what was supposed to happen and I guess eventually did happen, eventually being the key word. Our flight was supposed to leave at 4:30 pm. The plane was coming in from Kansas City where they were having really bad weather so....we didn't end up leaving until almost 8 pm. Needless to say the Popes (especially Hannah and I) were not happy campers! We finally made it to Boise where my poor parents had been waiting around for us and drove to Rexburg on the snowy, icy roads. By the time we got home and got into bed it was about 4:30 am...we didn't make it to church by 9 but my poor parents had early morning meetings.


We had a great time hanging out with my family. My brother and his wife, Kim, and their new baby (Born Dec. 12) Rya were there so my whole family was together for Christmas. Rya is beautiful and we are excited that Hannah finally has a cousin!



Hannah liked her new cousin Rya but didn't know why she couldn't touch her. This picture is just after she poked her in the eye. Sorry Rya!



Oh Boy! They let me near the baby!


Me, Hannah, my brother Paul, and baby Rya


Christmas morning was chaos as usual at the Andersen house. My family got a Wii and big TV for Christmas and we all had a good time playing that. My arm was actually sore the next day from playing tennis (I know, I am so pathetic!) Damon and I had opened our presents to each other the day we left Ohio so we wouldn't have to bring them with us. I got a new computer and some slippers. Damon's weren't as exciting. He got a computer game that he's been playing the demo of for about a year, a bocce ball set, and a resturant gift card. His real present is happening this Friday when he gets to go to the Dominican Republic to do dental work. Many of you may not know that Damon served his mission there and hasn't been back since. Of course he is SO excited to go....and I am so NOT excited to be left alone with Hannah for 10 days.



The crazy Andersen girls on Christmas Eve. My family has a tradition where we get new pajamas on Christmas eve and we always have to model them for everyone.


The whole Andersen clan so far. Me, Damon, Hannah, Paul, Kim, Barrett, Andrea, Greg, Dad, Mom, Rya, LaraJane, and Rachel.


Anyway, back to Idaho. We got to see a few friends that we haven't seen in a while like Damon's former roommate, Steve, and my friend Alisa. It always amazes me how much Rexburg has changed since we moved. A huge highlight was going to the Rexburg Temple Open House. What a beautiful temple and what a huge blessing for that area. It is georgeous and boasts the largest sealing room in the church. My parents were chosen to be tour guides during the open house and have really enjoyed it.


Our New Years was pretty uneventful. I was sick so I stayed in bed and read (I read all three Twilight books in 4 days-I totally LOVE THEM!) until about 10 pm or so. My siblings all had plans except for LaraJane (10) so Damon and my parents and Lara just watched a movie and hung out. We were really exciting. My grandparents came the next day and it was good to see them again.


Hannah getting into Grammy's dish towels. What fun!


Hannah with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Andersen



4 Generation Picture: Great Grandpa Andersen, Me, Hannah, and Grandpa Andersen

I'm sure I am leaving out tons of stuff but this post is already WAY TOO LONG! Over all it was just really relaxing and enjoyable. My siblings, especially LaraJane, entertained Hannah a lot so I had lots of time to rest and really have a vacation! Sorry this was so long. Now you know why I was putting it off for so long. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

2 People who care:

Jordan and Danny said...

Hannah is just the cutest! I'm jelous of all your four generation pictures. All of Danny's and my grandparents are dead, so it's cool to see that Hannah will know some of her great grandparents!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm still loving the pajama picture with the 80s hair. That's awesome. I'm glad you all had fun. It sounds like you were really busy and Hannah is getting so big now!