Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm on the lookout

Hey everyone!
So tomorrow Damon is leaving me for 10 days while he goes to the Dominican Republic to supposedly do some "Dental work" aka have a blast! Since I won't have much to do after Hannah goes to bed and will definitely be needing a break by then I am going to spend my evenings reading and catching up on chick-flicks. So, here is where I need your help! If any of you know of a good book or have seen any good chick-flicks lately send 'em my way! I don't have any books to read and don't have any chick-flicks I've been dying to see (That's probably because I've been to 4 movies in the last 2 1/2 years!). So send all of your good ideas my way. Oh, I've already read all of the Twilight trilogy by Stephenie Meyer so those are out. Does anyone know when the 4th one is supposed to be out this year? Can't wait!

7 People who care:

Jordan and Danny said...

Hey Miriam! I just finished reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hossenini. It is sooo good, but a little disturbing because it deals with some of the issues that have been going on in Afghanistan. Very good though. I love the Twilight series too. I heard that the fourth book is suppose to be out this fall. Too far away for me. I can't give you any great movies to see, because I can't remember the last one we saw in the theater. Oh wait! "Star Dust" is good. Hope you guys are doing well and survive while Damon is gone.

Emily said...

Hey!
How sad for you guys that Damon has to leave...but cool for Damon! So, I have heard good things about The Kite Runner, but haven't read it myself yet. We read a fun book for book club last month; Lucia Lucia by Adriana Trigiani. It's about an Italian girl who works at a high end department store in NYC in the 50s. It's all about her life, and how the choices she made shaped it...I thought it was so great, I loved it.

Misty said...

I have some chick flicks you can borrow. Call me!

Summer said...

How fun for Damon! Not quite as fun for you! Ü We should do a girls night in while he's gone and watch movies and eat yummy treats! That would be fun!

Only 4 weeks till MY Hannah is due! YEAH!

PS I just heard YOUR good news! Congrats!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

You should totally rent Stardust. It was a little weird, but it's a fantasy so take it for what it is. It was really cute. You should also see Hairspray. We have a ton of movies so you can see if there are any you want to borrow. I'm with Summer- girls night with movies and snacks? Yeah!

Kristin said...

I agree, we should definately do a girls night! They've only been gone for one night, and I've already exausted my means of entertainment. If you get any more good ideas...send them my way :)

Lacy said...

I've not read it yet but "These Is My Words" is supposed to be an amazing book. Not sure who the author is but heard its great! Really, your husband wont have fun without you....okay, my brother in law had the best time and wanted to go again but his wife wouldn't let him. But it'll go fast!